Thursday, January 17, 2013

Success

What made me happy today? Passing my theoretical driver's exam. On the first try!
I never really needed a driver's license. I managed to get everywhere with public transportation, friends and/or family. I live within walking distance of the shops, doctor and all other necessary things. I can easily get to my office with the bus. So after putting it of for about 10 years, I decided that it was about time to go and get a learner's permit to learn how to drive a car.
So I found this great website: www.gratisrijbewijsonline.be and started studying. When I felt confident I had a decent grasp on the theory I made a lot of the exams, which I all passed. In order not to put all my eggs in one basket, I also made a bunch of exams on the website of the VAB: www.vab-rijschool.be I passed all of those as well. Time to bite the bullet and go for it, I figured.
I'll admit: I was nervous. I hate exams, I have performance anxiety... But once I got started, it went very well. There were 4 questions you had to answer to familiarise yourself with the system. I got all of them right. That was the moment where my anxiety started to fade and I began to feel more confident. And I passed! When those words appeared on the screen I almost jumped out of my chair with joy. Good thing nobody saw it :-) I must have looked a bit silly. Oh well...
Now all I need to do is find a driving school that feels ok and I can get out on the road. Well, once all this snow melts any way.
People living in and around the Leuven area: consider yourselves warned ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment