Thursday, January 10, 2013

Smooth sailing

What made me happy today? It was smooth sailing at work.
I work in a fast-paced environment, where things can change at the drop of a hat. This requires a certain amount of flexibility and adaptability which can be pretty tiring at times, not to mention somewhat stressy.
So there are days where nobody seems to have time to help, answer an email. There’s stress in the air. Deadlines are approaching fast and might not be met, for a multitude of reasons. That leads to more stress. Not even music seems to be able to soothe the nerves, and everyone seems to be a bit on edge.
But then there are days when just everything seems to be going your way. Deadlines are met, everyone seems happy, glad to help and people actually respond to the emails you sent them. The sun is shining, there’s cake in the kitchen and everyone has a smile on their face.
Today was a smooth sailing day. Everyone I asked for something responded within a very reasonable timeframe. My work almost seemed to be doing itself. There was cake in the kitchen (and no, it wasn’t a lie), nobody got on my nerves and everyone seemed happy. The sun even came out J
These are the good days; these are the days when I love my job the most.
I hope you had a good day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment