Sunday, January 6, 2013

Silly conversations

What made me happy today? Having silly conversations with friends.
For this one you might need a little background: my brain works in very strange ways most of the time, and it can be very random. I make odd connections between seemingly unrelated subjects in the blink of an eye. My thinking almost never goes is a straight line and on occasion skips a few steps. Or it just goes a mile a minute.
This creates situations like having a conversation about something completely unrelated and suddenly my mind will shout 'barbeque' because someone said something that my brain linked to barbeque, with a few (logical, for me at least) side-steps.
Good thing is, I have friends who do this to :-) Leading to one of my friends' boyfriend saying 'OMG, there's two of you' on more than one occasion.
And it happened again last night. I was at a friend's and I wanted to show him something on the internet when I got to a website called 'rock, paper, shotgun'. It's a game review website, you can find it here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ Which lead to a conversation about why paper beats rock (does not make much sense, but hey), and what kind of scissor and what type of rock would be needed for either to win in reality. So, about five minutes in, my friend and I look at each other and start laughing because of the sheer sillyness of the conversation. I'm still happy today :-)
It's great to have friends who are or can be as random as you are. Friends that will immediately join in when you start singing 'just keep swimming' from 'Finding Nemo'. Friends who will suddenly say 'bread' when you're discussing front lawns, to name a few notable examples.
My brain can be a handfull to deal with sometimes, but I would not trade it for the world. Why? Because these silly, random conversations about rocks and scissors, BBQs, bread and tons of other stuff make me happy. They make me feel like I'm not the only one with a random brain. And that's a very nice feeling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment