Saturday, January 5, 2013

Family

What made me happy today? My family.
We had our family's (my father's side at least) New Year's get together today. It was great.
I have a fantastic family. We get along pretty well :-) And it seems like the kids do to. Several of my cousins have children of their own, they were all there as well. And they played together so nicely! It was great to see how the bigger ones played with the little ones, even my goddaughter (my sister's baby girl) who's almost 11 months now.
We don't all see each other that often, but we stay in touch through FaceBook, email etc. My female cousins and I try to meet up once a year for dinner and an evening out, without the guys. We always have lots of fun, because we all like good food and laughing.
Sometimes I don't see my family as often as I wish. I live about 80 km away from most of them, but as mentioned before: long live modern technology! Plus, it makes the times when I get to see them a bit more special!
Even though we all have different lives and live in different places, we're connected through blood and each one of my family members holds a special place in my heart :-)

1 comment:

  1. super meid, zo voelt het voor ons ook!

    the begijnendijk crew

    ReplyDelete