Sunday, January 13, 2013

Apple pie

What made me happy today? Apple pie!
I have mentioned it before (http://project365-oneyearofhappy.blogspot.be/2013/01/cooking.html), but I love cooking and baking. So yesterday evening, as it was snowing I decided that I'd make an apple pie today.
And it worked out great, minus the part where I burned myself on the hot stove and ended up with 1st and 2nd degree burns on my right hand. Not to worry, the pie is fine and very delicious.


Want to try it yourself? It's very easy to make! Here's the recipe:

Ingedients:

- two sheets of puff pastry dough
- 8 granny smith apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 60 gr of white sugar
- 60 gr of brown suger
- 100 ml of water
- 110 gr of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- raisins and cinnamon to taste

Preparation:

- Preheat your oven to 220°C. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the all-purpose flour to form a paste. Add the water, the white and brown sugar. Reduce the temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottem crust in the pie pan. Fill it with the apples (raisins and cinnamon if you like), mounded slightly. Cover this with the second crust, cut into a lattice. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Do this slowly so it does not run off. And whatever you do, do not put your hand on the hot stove ;-)
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 175°C. Continue baking for 35 - 45 minutes until the apples are soft.

Once done, take the pie out of the oven, let it cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment