Friday, January 18, 2013

Feeling better

What made me happy today? I'm starting to feel a lot better.
I've been under the weather the past few days. Sore throat, fever, overal 'wet dishrag' feeling, stuffy nose etc.
Now I must mention that I hate being sick and I'm bad at it too. I cannot sit still and do nothing. And I can certainly not, as my doctor says, 'let it run it's course'. Yes, I'm aware that patience is a virtue and usually I have it but not when I'm sick.
Luckily my immune system got it's little troopers in gear quite fast this time. But I'm guessing all the tea with honey, fruit, veggies and hours spent on the couch with the Big Bang Theory helped too. Because I know I have to rest when I'm sick. I don't like it and I'll complain about it, but I still do it. When I'm sick and I push my body I know I'll only make it worse and then I'll have to pay the price. Once, I kept working when I should have stayed at home because I had an airway infection (nurse, understaffed ward...). The result of me keeping working at that point? Bronchitis, 2 weeks out. So I learned my lesson the hard way.
But feeling better is such a great feeling. It's kind of like the absence of pain. You feel so relieved and happy. Three cheers for your immune system!
Stay happy and healthy, there's a lot of people with the flu and other bugs out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment