Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Great friends and great coffee

What made me happy today? Having great coffee with two great friends.
These days we always seem to be so busy. So it can be hard to maintain friendships, especially when balancing a career, classes, hobbies, family and friends. But on occasion you'll get those unexpected 'want to go out for coffee?' messages. Always nice :-)
That's precisely what happened to me yesterday. I was on Facebook, wishing two friends of mine a happy New Year and so we decided to meet up for coffee today.
Now I'm not really a coffee drinker, but I do like the occasional latte or other not-really-coffee-containing drink. Luckily, I live in Leuven. Which means that I am fortunate enough to have a great coffee and tea specialty bar in town. www.koffieonan.be (they're on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koffie-Onan/97433414453) If you're ever in Leuven, please take some time to visit the store and have a drink there. It's really worth it. Kind people, great service and awesome coffee and tea. Want an example of how great they are? Well, a few weeks ago I wanted a coffee from their place. As it was really busy, I decided to have it 'to go'. So I counted out my money before ordering, just to speed things up. I get my coffee, pay for it and started walking out of the store. But just as I wanted to exit the shop, the owner came running up to me, telling me that I forgot my change. Apparently 'to go' is cheaper. I don't know a lot of shops where the owner runs after you because you forgot your change.
So I got to spend two hours sipping lattes, catching up with my friends. We talked about lots of stuff and generally just had a great time. Sometimes, that's all a girl needs :-)
And now if you'll please excuse me, I have to go bounce around my living room. Too much coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment