Saturday, January 26, 2013

Spoiling yourself

What made me happy today? Spoiling myself!
Sometimes I need to spend some quality time with myself, especially after a week of long days at work. So today I went shopping :-) I managed to find some nice earrings, bought some more coffee from koffie Onan (I(ve mentioned them before: here http://project365-oneyearofhappy.blogspot.be/2013/01/great-friends-and-great-coffee.html and here http://project365-oneyearofhappy.blogspot.be/2013/01/that-knowing-look.html) and a latte of the week to go (this week it's almond, yum!). After all that I started to get hungry, so I treated myself to a nice pasta.
I also managed to find a cute birthday present for my goddaughter. Then I decided to go take a look in the Metalzone (http://www.metalzone.be/, bought a cd, and had a nice little chat with Wim, the shopkeeper. He's always very friendly and helpful, which is why I regularly stop by his store in Leuven. In the meantime it started snowing again, and as I didn't bring my cap, I decided to head on home, feeling happy.
Sometimes a girl just needs to spend quality time with herself or spoil herself. I'm not saying that every time I want to spoil myself I go out shopping. I'm just as happy to curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a nice book. Or taking a long, hot bath with a book or a movie (long live modern technology). It's just that from time to time it's important to make some time for yourself. We all live very busy lives, so reconnecting with yourself is important. And relaxing for a while never hurt anyone I think :-)
Enjoy your Saturday, I know I will enjoy mine as I'm going to see a filmopera tonight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment