Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Castle

What made me happy today? Castle!
Last Sunday I was over at the BFs house and while he was doing some chores he was watching an episode of Castle. Now, I had heard of this show with Nathan Fillion (who some of you may know better as Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly) but never got around to actually watching it. Intrigued, I started watching the episode. After that one was finished I begged my BF to let me watch the first episode of the show and it had me in tears! From laughing so hard. 'stole a policehorse...naked' wahahaha.
For those of you who've never heard of the show: Richard 'Rick' Castle is a mystery writer who follows homicide detective Kate Beckett around while 'catching killers'. I'm not going to tell you more than that :-)
So I got my hands on the series, and have been watching it as much as I can ever since. The energy and chemistry between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic is just great. You can feel the tension between their two characters almost dripping from the screen.
Of course, as with every tv series, the show has it's ups and downs. But my favorite episode so far is 'vampire weekend' in which Nathan Fillion actually dons his Malcolm Reynolds outfit! After which he is told by his daughter 'Didn't you wear that 5 years ago? You should get over it.' Funny, because when that episode aired it had been 5 years since Firefly and Serenity.
This is a great show, so make sure to watch it if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment