Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stir it up

What made me happy today? Stir fry!
I eat a lot of vegetables. One of my favorite ways to prepare veggies is a stir fry. Now when I was at the supermarket last Sunday I got a free bundle of scallions with my purchase (no idea why). I looked at a bunch of recipes to try and find a nice way to prepare them but in the end I decided to wing it.
This was the result:

It's very tasty, kind of healthy and easy to make.

What you need:
- 100 gr mushrooms, sliced
- 100 gr broccoli, in florets
- a bundle of scallions, sliced
- 100 gr of seitan or beef or poultry, in strips
- two soup-spoons of soy sauce
- a teaspoon of palm sugar

How to make it:
- put some oil in a wok, heat it
- toss everything in the wok except the scallions
- stir fry for a few minutes, until everything is nice and warm
- add the soy sauce, the sugar and the scallions and stir fry for about two more minutes
- serve with rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment