Thursday, May 16, 2013

Music

What made me happy today? Music.
I love music. A lot. I could not imagine my life without it. And here's something not many of you may know, but I even used to play the piano. So music has always been a big part of my life! And some of the big moments in my life have their own soundtrack as well.
When I was still young and a member of a local youth astronomer's society, I saw the original Star Wars trilogy for the first time. I fell in love with those movies on that day. I don't remember the exact date, but I still remember my dad driving me to the planetarium where I'd meet up with the rest of the group. It was raining and the radio was playing 'Where the wild roses grow' by Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue.
I listen to a lot of music, and a pretty ranged variety as well. My preference goes towards metal and gothic. But as I mentioned before, I do certainly appreciate other types of music.
Now, I guess you've all been on hold while calling a company. Usually the music sounds like it's coming from a tin can. Most of the times it's kind of crappy as well. So imagine my surprise when I got to listen to 'the 4 seasons' by Vivaldi while waiting for a conference call to start. In great quality! It made the half an hour wait a lot less painful :-)
So here's to music! It soothes the soul, makes us dance, gives us goosebumps, brings a tear to our eye or just makes us happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment