Monday, May 13, 2013

Cure

What made me happy today? Cure!
Not the band 'the Cure', although I like them a lot. No, I didn't find a cure for anything either. I'm talking about the 2010 book 'Cure' by Robin Cook.
I love to read. A lot. And this weekend I finally got around to finishing it!
Robin Cook, for those of you who never heard of him, writes what can best be described as medical thrillers. Although I have to say that in recent years, he's been moving away from the pure medical thriller. Which I can understand, as the medical field evolves quite rapidly, and that gives his books a rather big chance of becoming outdated. Especially when being read by someone working in the medical field. But that does not mean his boks are bad in any way! Even the old ones are great to read.
Cure is a very good book. It takes a while for the story to get going, but the end is well worth it. A real page-turner too! No spoilers, grab a copy at your local bookstore or library and see (read) for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment