Saturday, May 4, 2013

First aid fun!

What made me happy today? Having fun at my first Red Cross first aid stand!
A while ago I did this post about becoming a volunteer for the Red Cross. And today I had some time available so I volunteered to help out at the first aid stand for a local soccer tournament.
Wow, I saw a lot of 11 year old boys with scraped knees today. But being able to help them is nice :-)
And it was fun meeting new people as well! I don't go out much during the week, with work. So volunteering for the Red Cross is a great way to meet some new people while helping others!
Should you have some time available, and want to do some volunteer work with the Red Cross, just Google for your local chapter. You don't need a medical background to volunteer for them. And you never know when you may save a life!
Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment