Tuesday, May 7, 2013

All clear!

What made me happy today? Getting the 'all clear' from the dermatologist!
Today is European melanoma day. Which means that today, a lot of dermatologist did free melanoma checks. They do this once a year, mostly to gather statistical data regarding the occurence of melanoma and to raise awareness regarding skincancer. You just have to register for an appointment through this website. I know that no appointments are available anymore, but this is a yearly action, so keep an eye out!
I don't spend a lot of time in the sun, and when I do, I use sunscreen. A lot, and often. But because melanoma is perfectly treatable when caught early, and I have one mole on my back that is a bit hard for me to keep an eye on myself, I felt like this was a great opportunity to get it all checked out.
And I got the 'all clear'! None of my moles are risky, or looking naughty! And that makes me a very happy girl :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment