Sunday, March 10, 2013

Unexpected noms!

What made me happy today? Re-discovering a forgotten recipe!
I've had one very busy week this week. Today was the only day where there was nothing in my agenda besides chores around the house. It's a very grey day and we're expecting snow again. This seemed like the ideal time to go browsing through my cookbooks again. By doing so I stumbled across 'Texas cowboy cooking' by Tom Perini.
And that's when I re-discovered one of my favorite recipes for carrots. It's simple yet very tasty, but it's not suitable for children as it contains alcohol.

Carrots with bourbon sauce, for 6 - 8 servings. Although this may be less, as it's so damn delicious :-)

Ingredients:

- about 900 gr carrots, peeled and sliced into 2.5 cm pieces
- 60 gr of brown sugar
- 60 gr melted butter
- 2-4 tablespoons boubon

Preparation:

- Steam the carrots to your liking, depending on your preference for crunchy or soft. (I like them best when they're still a bit crunchy)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and bourbon, and simmer over low heat until thick. Stir well.
- Pour the souce over the carrots and serve while hot.
- Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment