Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Picking up the pencil

What made me happy today? Picking up my pencils again.
I'm a pretty creative person. My preferred outlet for this is writing. I also knit. But on occasion I like to draw a bit. Not that I'm any good at it.
With all that has happened the past few years I have not felt like drawing for a long time. Especially not after the accident, as my hand was usually hurting too much. I would doodle occasionally. But last weekend I had this overwhelming to start drawing again. So I broke out my pencils and started having some fun :-)
Best surprise was discovering that I have a pencil in a color named 'Ultramarine'. Why did this make me happy? Well, I love Warhammer 40K. Ultramarines, anyone?
So yay for drawing again! And yay for cool names for colors :-)

P.S: no, I don't show my work. I'm too shy about it, and besides, I do this for me, not for anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment