Friday, March 22, 2013

I volunteer!

What made me happy today? I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!
Nah, just kidding. I won't be participating in the Hunger Games, as I'm lucky enough to be too old for the reapings. Plus, it's fiction ;-)
But I am now an official volunteer for the Red Cross. They can always use more volunteers, and as a nurse, I felt like it was the right choice. So soon I'll be helping out with first aid etc. at local festivals and events.
Why did I do this? Well, I have a bit more free time on my hands these days. And after taking a course with the Red Cross a little while back I found out that they're almost always in need of more volunteers. As a nurse, it just seemed to be the right fit for me. So I sent them an email for some additional information and signed the paperwork. So I'm now officially volunteering for them.
It feels nice to give something back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment