Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homemade dryer sheets

What made me happy today? Homemade dryer sheets!
I love using dryer sheets. They make my laundry super soft and make it smell extra nice as well. Unfortunately, they are also pretty pricey. So I decided to make my own dryer sheets. It's pretty simple, a lot cheaper and you can use the scent you want them to have.
There's two ways of making them. The first one involves just soaking dishrags or any other cloth in full-strength fabric softener, after which you let the sheets dry. Once dry, just toss one in your dryer.
But the second method is my favorite. It involves a bit more work but I like the results better.

What you need is this:

- +/- 60 ml of vinegar (it's a natural softener)
- 8 drops of essential oil (you can choose the scent, I like lavender)
- a sealable container
- cotton cloths (although any dryer safe material will work)

How to make them:

- Cut the cotton cloth into smaller pieces. Fold them and put the cloths into the sealable container.
- Mix the vinegar and essential oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the cloths until they are damp, but not soaked. Close the container.
- To use, simply take one sheet out of the container, squeeze out any excess liquid and toss into the dryer.

Enjoy your soft and lightly scented laundry :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment