Monday, March 11, 2013

So long and thanks for all the fish!

What made me happy today? It's Douglas Adams' birthday!
The Google Doodle in his honor is really great. Too bad he can't see it himself...
I like books. A lot. I love to read, and dive into another world completely. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is one of my all-time favorite books. I regularly read it again. If you haven't read it yet, and you like science-fiction comedy, make sure to pick up a copy at your local bookstore or library.
Or if you don't like reading but don't want to miss out, you can always go to your local dvd rental store or media store and pick up a copy of the 2005 movie. It has Alan Rickman in it! (you know, the guy who plays Snape in the harry Potter movies).
Too bad Douglas Adams left this world too soon. But I'd like to add that I did particularly 'And Another Thing...' by Eoin Colfer. To me, this book seems like the perfect sixth part for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment