Friday, March 15, 2013

Comfort

What made me happy today? Comfort.
Today is a hard day for me. Two years ago on this day I got terrible news. My youngest cousin died. It's not easy, especially because he was only 17. We all still miss him very much. He's in my heart forever. And he may be gone but he will never be forgotten.
So I really had to search for something that made me happy today. Until I realised that whenever I feel very sad, I go back to comfort foods, friends and family.
Some of my favorite comfort foods are: soup made by my mom, oranges, chocolate, ice cream, melon and pasta.
Family because we share the same grief, and knowing you're not alone with your grief makes it a tiny bit easier to bear.
Friends because I'm lucky enough to have friends who know the right words to comfort me. Friends whose arms are open when I need a hug. friends who offer me a joke to try and cheer me up. Friends who I can call when I need them. I may not be the most popular person in the world, but I know I'm loved.
So being able to find comfort on a day like this kind of makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment