Monday, March 18, 2013

Mechanic poultry

What made me happy today? Robot chicken's Star Wars.
Little back-story here: as a little girl I was a member of the local youth astronomer's society. This is where I saw Star Wars (the original trilogy) for the first time, at age 8. I fell in love immediately. Over the years I have seen 'A New Hope', 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' countless times. So many times actually that I know the movies by heart.
Of course, there are a lot of Star Wars parodies out there. Most of them I won't watch. Or I just don't like them. Space Balls for example. Sjeesj... But on occasion there is a parody out there that I can appreciate. The Family Guy ones weren't half bad. But today I came across the Robot Chicken ones.
They made me laugh. It's not completely a parody, they don't re-do the movies. They take a look at what happened after some of the iconic scenes, what happened to some of the minor characters etc. But what's really cool is that some of the actors from the original Star Wars trilogy did some voice acting for this parody :-)
So if you get a chance to catch these episodes of Robot Chicken, be sure to watch them. I liked them a lot, and maybe you will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment