Thursday, March 21, 2013

Grow your own veggies!

What made me happy today? Planting some seeds to grow my own vegetables!
It's the start of spring today, although you wouldn't notice it by looking out the window ;-) but it seemed to be the perfect time to plant some seeds!
Even though I have a garden, I don't use it to grow vegetables in it. I only rent this place and can thus not change anything in the garden. I do have a cherry tree, which I'm really happy about, as I love cherries. I eat a lot of vegetables, and grew up eating mostly home-grown vegetables.
I noticed that I actually have a lot of space on my windowsills. After some research I found out that a lot of vegetables and herbs can be grown indoors as well. Decision made. I went out and got some soil, pots and two kinds of seeds. Today I planted peppers and radishes. I'm curious to see if and how they'll grow.
Besides, planting and growing my own vegetables made me happy for some reason. I'm growing plants :-) Of course, I'll keep you updated on the progress the plants make!

No comments:

Post a Comment