Saturday, October 19, 2013

Lightning Bolt

What made me happy today? Lightning Bolt!
I finally got around to listening to the entire new Pearl Jam album, called Lightning Bolt! Two singles, 'mind your manners' and 'sirens' were released, prior to the complete album.
Lightning Bolt is somewhat reminiscent of the older Pearl Jam, but has some fresh new sounds. My personal favorite songs are 'sirens' 'infallible' and 'pendulum'. Reviews of this album are widely varied, some call this the best album by Pearl Jam so far, others call it mediocre or worse. I didn't look at the reviews before getting the album, so I could give it a listen with an open mind.
In my opinion it's a great album, although it doesn't have songs like 'Jeremy' or 'Alive' on it. 'Sirens' still tugs on my heart-strings every time I hear it. But I kind of miss the raw edge the older songs sometimes seemed to have.
Still, I love it! Eddie's voice is magnificent :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment