Saturday, October 5, 2013

Into darkness

What made me happy today? Into darkness.
Yesterday evening, I finally got around to watching Star Trek: into darkness. And I have to say: what a movie!
It's an emotional roller coaster. Yes, I cried (uhm, du-uh). I absolutely love the way Simon Pegg portrays Scotty! Karl Urban as Bones is an amazing casting choice too, he even manages to deliver the 'Damn it man! I'm a doctor, not an *insert what Bones is not here*' line.
But the award for best character in the movie goes to Benedict Cumberbatch. He plays the bad guy and he just nails it. Best casting decision ever! And he just has the voice to make you pay attention, without having to raise it. A bit like Alan Rickman.
The one negative thing I have to say about the movie is this: the lens-flares. I know that J.J. Abrams says it's a 'stylistic decision' but I find them annoying. He might as well have called this movie Star Trek: into the lens-flare.
but if you haven't seen it, I really suggest that you do! You might want to wear sunglasses ;-) Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment