Sunday, October 20, 2013

Football!

What made me happy today? Football!
Last night, there was a football game. As OHL was playing a home match against Waasland-Beveren, I went there with the Red Cross to help out with first aid, if needed.
It was fun! I was on the team at the sideline, so if a player went down and needed help, I'd have to go out and help get him off the field. Of course, there were other volunteers there. I'm in no way able to get one guy up all by myself. But I never had to go out on the field.
Which means I got to see the entire match from the sideline! We were sitting in between the trainers of both teams. It was so cool! I've seen a few live football games, but never this close up :-) We did have to duck a few times, as a ball came really close to us. And a few times I wish I could see the replay of a particular action, but it was a really fun night any way.
It was a great match too, OHL won 4-2. I'm definitely hoping I'll get to be on the sideline team again soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment