Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Insomnia

What made me happy today? Insomnia!
That will need some explaining. I'm not happy about having bouts of insomnia. But I am happy that I finally seem to have found something that works for me. And the best part is that I can totally relate to this post! Major frustrations, I'll say!
I know people who zonk out the minute their head hits the pillow. There is no way to describe how envious I am of that! The only time I ever zonked out minutes after putting my head down, was when I had to get general anesthesia to have all four of my wisdom teeth extracted. But I've found a few things that will help me fall asleep faster on most occasions. Like my sleepphones, breathing exercises, relaxation exercises and the right temperature in the bedroom.
What helped me most was throwing out my alarm clock! I would find myself obsessively staring at it, calculating how long I had left before I had to get back up. Which of course led to me obsessing over how little sleep I'd be getting, and how tired I'd be the next day. So I put my alarm clock away. Now, I put my smartphone on my nightstand, so I still have an alarm to wake me up. But I can't constantly see wat time it is. And oddly enough, that helped!
Sleep tight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment