Sunday, October 27, 2013

Gedo Senki

What made me happy today? Gedo Senki!
This morning, I watched Gedo Senki (it's Japanese, literally it means Ged's war chronicles), also known as Tales from Earthsea. It's a 2006 fantasy anime, produced by studio Ghibli. So far I've not disliked anything I've seen from studio Ghibli.
And Gedo Senki is no exception. It's another visually stunning piece of work, along with a gripping story line and some great character development. However, Gedo Senki does not have the fluffiness of some of the other studio Ghibli movies (like Kiki's flying delivery service, or Laputa: castle in the sky). This movie gave me goosebumps on more than one occasion, and even had me gripping my BFs hand at one point. Plus, this movie has dragons! Yay, dragons!
The movie is based on the Earthsea series, by Ursula K. Le Guin. I've yet to read these books, but the movie is just based on them and I've been reliably informed there are some major differences between the two.
As for the plot, I'm not going to give much away. There's dragons, wizards, murder and a plot to destroy the 'Balance'. So pick up a copy of this movie, along with some popcorn and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment