Tuesday, December 31, 2013

You!

What made me happy today? You!
2013 is almost over. 2014 is almost here. I hope 2014 will be as great as 2013 has been!
So I just want to say thank you. Thank you for reading my ramblings. Thank you for coming on this journey with me. Thank you for your kind words. And most of all, thank you for being awesome, and a part of my 'happy'.
As a wise person once said: happiness is not a destination, it is a journey. I want to add to that that it's not the destination that matters, but the journey. And my journey to happiness has been one hell of a ride!
When I set out to do this project, I often struggled to find happy things to write about. But as the days turned in to weeks, and the weeks turned in to months, I noticed that I was finding it easier and easier to find happy things to write about.
And if you're wondering if I'm actually happier now, I can honestly tell you: yes, I am. By making a conscious effort to focus on the good, positive things, and not dwell on the negative things, I actually feel happier. It's not even an effort any more. Of course there are still things that make me sad. That's normal. But I don't fret about the small things as much as I used to. I've learned a lot of things throughout this year.
You are responsible for your own life. You make your own destiny. You can do it.

So all that is left for me is this: happy New Year! May your blessings in 2014 be many! Keep your loved ones close, tell people how you feel about them, enjoy life (it's short), and do good things. Don't take it all to serious. Laugh. Love. Learn. Dream. Dance. Dare. Drink. Play. Read. Sing. Create. Cook. Bake. Wear sunscreen. Never ever drink and drive. Don't go to bed angry. Kiss. Hug. Enjoy.

Keep an eye on my twitter too see what 2014 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment