Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The little things!

What made me happy today? The little things!
My blogs are usually about pretty amazing, cool, funny or wonderful things that have happened to me. But there are so many small things that never seem to be enough to write a whole blog about, even though they make me smile.
There’s a saying here ‘wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd’, which roughly translates to ‘who doesn’t value the small things, isn’t worthy of the big things’.

What are these small things I keep talking about? Here’s the list:

- Getting a cup of tea or coffee in the office each morning, with the same co-worker and having our little chat.
- People holding doors open, or holding the door open for someone who doesn’t expect it.
- The defrost function of the rear window in my car.
- The guy who warned me about a high stone border in the parking space of my local supermarket.
- Getting awesome feedback on my blog! Like lunarbaboon, who sent me a very lovely tweet after my post about him. Or Michael Terracciano, who always likes the posts I make about him. Or nice Facebook comments by friends. Like the ones I got on yesterday's blog. Or those on the ones I wrote about Emilie Autumn's performance.
- Hugs!
- My two nieces.
- Memories that make you smile, like when I remember my vacation!
- Food. I love yummy food!
- People who smile at you because you smiled at them, even if you don’t know them. Try it, it really works!
- Technically not a little thing, but all the amazing stuff on the internet.
- The feeling of clean sheets on your bed.
- Finding the spelling errors in the local newspaper.
- Silly conversations :-)

I know I’ve probably missed a ton of little things, but I hope you see what I’m trying to say 
What are some of your favourite little things?

No comments:

Post a Comment