Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm back!

What made me happy today? I'm back!
Hi everyone! (Hi, Dr Nick!) I'm back from my vacation, and it was really great! If you are wondering what I did, please keep reading. You'll get a nice summary of my vacation, with some funny anecdotes!
Of course, it's always a sad thing when your vacation ends. There's no better remedy for that than starting to plan your next vacation ;-) London is calling again!
So, what have I been doing during my vacation? I went to the Ardennes with the BF and some friends. Because I like lists, here's a list of things I did/read/cooked etc.

I read the following books:

- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.
- Bridget Jones's diary by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones: the edge of reason by Helen Fielding
- Bridget Jones: mad about the boy by Helen Fielding
- First and Only by Dan Abnett
- Ghostmaker by Dan Abnett
- Necropolis by Dan Abnett
- In Remembrance (a short story) by Dan Abnett
- Honour Guard by Dan Abnett
- The Guns of Tanith by Dan Abnett
- Straight Silver by Dan Abnett
- Sabbat Martyr by Dan Abnett
(the last 8 items in the list above are all part of the Gaunt's Ghosts story arc in the Warhammer 40K universe)

I made the following food:

- potato and corn chowder
- apple pie
- tomato-basil gnocchi bake
- apple and pear crumble
I also helped with the cheese fondue by slicing the cheese, but I take no credit for making it as the BF did that.

I laughed so hard an multiple occasions, below you can find the two that almost had me rolling on the floor with tears streaming down my face. Admittedly, the first one is cute, a bit embarrassing and funny. The second one is just down right funny.

- On the first Saturday, the BF and I went shopping. I'm not that short for a girl, but I can't reach the top shelves in the supermarket we went to. Usually, there's little steps around for people who need them. But the isle with the coffee didn't have one. Of course, the coffee I needed was all the way in the back of the top shelve. My BF, being about 20 cm taller than me, can reach this rather easy. So I ask him to please get the coffee for me. But that's not what he decided to do. Nope. He walks over to me, and instead of grabbing the coffee, he grabs me and lifts me up in the air so I can grab the pack of coffee. Not what I intended, but you can't argue with the results ;-) I do have to say that a lot of people we watching, but most of them seemed to think it was sweet.

- For the second one, I'll need to give you some background info. Two of the friends that were on vacation with us, often act like an old, married couple. They aren't married, nor are they romantically involved. They just play a lot of games together, and bicker all the time. On Thursday, it was one of the two's turn to cook. He was making mac and cheese, but needed some help with the cheese sauce part. As most of us were otherwise occupied, the other one headed over to help. Turns out they can't even make cheese sauce together without bickering. 'Alright, add some of the cheese. No! Not like that! That's too much!' 'But you said...' 'I said to add some cheese, not all the cheese!' Etc. etc. In the end, the mac and cheese was very delicious, but by the time they managed to get the sauce done the other 5 of us were in stitches, crying with laughter and almost rolling over the floor. Those two are precisely like an old, married couple.

We also lighted the fireplace every evening, for added warmth and coziness. Drinks were drunk, food was eaten, good times were had by all. It was a lot of fun, too bad it all was over so quickly! Good thing that the next break is right around the corner!
Happy Monday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment