Monday, December 23, 2013

Books, tea, cake and tv!

What made me happy today? Books, tea, cake and tv!
That basically sums up my stay in London :-) We had loads of fun!
The trip there was rather eventful, as our train's departure was delayed by 1 hour and 20 minutes due to technical issues with the brakes. But once we got there, it was a happy reunion! 'Phil', as the boyfriend is affectionately called by two of our friends (his actual name is a bit hard for English speakers, and one of them couldn't remember it at first), and I headed for the bookshops as soon as we had said our hello's and dropped off our luggage. Of course, the bookstore we wanted to visit was closed. So we headed to the pub for lunch. Yummy, fish and chips! Book-shopping ensued, with Phil making the guy in the Games workshop look oddly at me. I really wanted to go there, so I basically dragged the boyfriend into the store. So we walk into the store, the shopkeeper comes over and asks The boyfriend if he needs help. He looks at the shopkeeper and says that he should ask me because I'm the one that dragged him in here. I think the shopkeeper's mouth fell open for a little bit. I did, however, manage to find a book I wanted, and so did the BF. A few hours later we returned to our friends, with a ton of books each.
After that we basically caught up, chatted, had some great food, went for a couple of walks, read and enjoyed some good movies / series on Netflix. We also drank loads of tea and coffee. I also got Christmas presents! Pasta in space-shapes, and an ice-cube form in the shape of the Death Star! I think I flailed and squee'd at the same time! Good times were had by all.
The journey home was rather uneventful, and we made it back safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment