Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I did not see that coming.

What made me happy today? I did not see that coming. (See what I did there? No? Keep on reading, I'll explain!)
Many months ago I wrote this blog about one of my all-time favorite webcomics. Dominic Deegan, the grumpy seer, created by Michael Terracciano (aka Mookie).
On May 24th of this year, after 11 (!) years, Dominic Deegan ended. Michael started working alongside Garth Graham to create the wonderful Star Power. A few weeks back, I started re-reading Dominic Deegan, and I was thinking about how glad I am it's still online and how sad I'd be if it goes online.
Now, somewhere, someone must have heard this, because a bit later (Nov. 25th) Michael announced that he'd be releasing the first parts of Dominic Deegan as an omnibus. And on December 2nd, it was finally time to pre-order. Which, of course, I did that same morning. Du-uh.
But what I didn't see coming was that I'd get a very nice thank you email from Michael with a picture of Sparky (Dominic's alliteration loving, smart-ass, 'death from above' cat). That made my whole day! Plus, the 'I did not see that coming' is referring to the fact that Dominic is a seer, and that the email it came from is scrymail.
If you love Dominic Deegan, head on over to the store and pre-order your copy at a special price (until Dec 31st, after that the price will go up)! If you don't know Dominic Deegan, head on over and check it out. It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment