Saturday, April 20, 2013

Supermarket shopping

What made me happy today? The friendly cashier at the supermarket.
I don't like shopping for groceries on Saturday. The supermarket I usually shop at tends to be very crowded. Half the aisles will be blocked by people and their shopping carts, everybody needs the same things at the same time, there's a huge line at the registers and the scan your groceries faster than you can bag them...
But today I got lucky :-) It was rather calm, so I could get everything I needed in record time. The line at the cash registers wasn't too long either. However, the biggest surprise was when the cashier offered to put my groceries in the crates I brought.
I use foldable crates when I go shopping with the battlecruiser (that's what I've named my car). It prevents my groceries from sliding around in the trunk of the battlecruiser, and so the fruits and vegetables don't get squashed. I take those crates into the store with me, so I can put the groceries in them.
I do have to say, my shoulder was very happy about the cashier putting the groceries in the crates. Plus, they're good at it! She made everything fit in there nicely. So thanks, friendly mrs. cashier, for helping me out, and making me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment