Friday, April 12, 2013

Stupid questions

What made me happy today? Coming across one of the dumbest questions ever.
Due to my new job function I'm doing a lot of training sessions. Some of these trainings have an exam which needs to be completed as well, before you can move on to the next training. Usually the questions are pretty good. But today I came across one which made me blink. Then I re-read it, just to be sure that I hadn't misread it. But nope, it really was one of the dumbest questions I ever laid eyes on.
The question in question? (yes, pun intended) 'The firewall in the (digital data entry and review system) environment protects important data from being destroyed by fire. True or false?'
I really had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughter. Ok, I admit that not everyone may know that that is not what a firewall is or does, but it was just explained in said training. And it's still a dumb question. But it made me laugh. And laughter makes me happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment