Sunday, April 7, 2013

Double fun!

What made me happy today? Having such a splendid evening yesterday!
It was a long, hard week at work. So I decided that it was time to have some fun this weekend. I called up my BF and two other friends (a couple as well) and went out for a double date.
First we had sushi at Sushi Leuven. I definitely recommend the place! Great sushi, not that expensive, and nice and quiet. Plus, you get an appetizer on the house. So we had sushi, followed by ice-cream (hmmm, green tea ice-cream) after which we got a pot of green tea on the house! At that point I felt like I should be sitting on the floor, as they do in Japan, but hey. You can't have everything ;-)
After we finished dinner we decided to go over to my friend's house. Their house has the most central location so it was easiest for everyone to get there and get home again. So we had a couple of beers (or a Canada Dry and a few glasses of water in my case) and had a chat about a lot of stuff. And then we came to the topic of supermarkets, because I mentioned I went grocery shopping with the new car for the first time that morning.
Which led to this video. It's Alex Agnew talking about being in the line at the cash register in the supermarket. Hilarious! (video is in Dutch) Of course, we could not leave it at one video, we had to watch some Alex Agnew classics too, like the one where he talks about his job at the VTB-VAB. Or the one about his visit to the dentist.
But my all time favourite Alex Agnew video is the one in which he talks about industrial music. The first time I saw this part was at home with my parents. Now, I listen to industrial music on occasion and have actually heard people having that kind of conversation. Which makes it even funnier. I almost rolled of the couch from laughing so hard, and my parents were looking at me like 'What's so funny? We don't get it...'
So I had a really great, relaxing evening yesterday and I'm still happy about it today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment