Saturday, November 16, 2013

300 + 9!

What made me happy today? 300 + 9!
No, not the movie. This is my 300th blog post! Wow, I can't believe how fast this is all going.
Also, I had quite a laugh today. I went to the Metalzone, and saw a CD that I wanted to buy. Sadly, it was sitting on a top shelf and I was too short to reach it. So I had to ask Wim, the owner of the store if he could please get the CD for me. Which, nice as he is, he did. So I jokingly suggested that he should add a little step to his store, after which he points to the one in the corner. Whoops. I didn't see that one. Oh well, better luck next time?
And now for the '9' part. There's a game going on FB. People are posting a certain number of facts about themselves. If you like this you will be given a number and then you can reveal that many facts about yourself. I got the number 9. So here goes:

1) I have a huge list of completely useless talents. For example: I can read a text that is upside down almost as fast as a text that isn't. Or I can slice a bread perfectly with just a knife.

2) I love books. Nothing will ever beat the smell of a new or old book. Yet I do possess a e-book reader, as I never could store the +1000 books I have on there in my apartment.

3) I cry really easily when watching a movie or reading a book. In real life, I've learned to contain my tears a bit more :-)

4) I am a huge Star Wars fan, but I also like Star Trek. And Star Gate. And Battlestar Galactica. And the list goes on. Yes, I am obsessed with space. I was a member of a youth astronomer's society for 7 years.

5) My hair has never been the same color for longer than 6 months since I was 15.

6) I have a brain-twin. Which is beyond cool! We tend to drive other people a little bit crazy, especially when we randomly start singing 'just keep swimming' at the same time. My brain-twin's BF exclaimed (in a slightly exasperated way) "There's two of you!" the first time I met him. Nuff said.

7) English is not my first language. It's also not my second language. It's my third. I learned French before English. Dutch is my mother tongue. I also speak German. I know a decent amount of Spanish, Italian and Swedish; and I'm trying to learn conversational Japanese.

8) I can curse in a lot more languages than the ones listed above. I'm usually a very mild-mannered person, but I can spew profanities at a rate that would make a sailor blush.

9) I make up stories about the people I see sitting around me when I'm eating somewhere or waiting for something. I do write short-stories but I never dare to put them out there, because I don't think they're any good. The same goes for my drawings.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment