Saturday, November 9, 2013

Amoras 2047: Jerusalem

What made me happy today? Amoras 2047: Jerusalem.
On May 10th of this year, I wrote this blog about the new Suske and Wiske album Amoras 2047. Four days ago, Amoras 2047: Jerusalem (part two of the Amoras 2047 series) hit the shelves.
I was in the city today, so I decided to pick up a copy. I re-read the first part, and excitedly started reading the second part.
Wow. What can I say. I love it. If you remember, the first part ended with a major cliffhanger. Well, let's say that you find out pretty fast what happened there.
The comic takes place in the same dystopian future. The drawing style is the same, and the story is great. Sometimes it gets a bit confusing due to the time-travel element. But just stick with it, as the confusion usually resolves itself pretty fast.
Even though the comic had a grim, and gritty story, there's humor in there too. And I feel that it's kind of necessary to prevent the story from becoming too heavy. Yet it never feels like comic relief. It's just the way the characters are.
So stop by your local comic book store today, and grab a copy! It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment