Friday, November 8, 2013

Fry-day glomps!

What made me happy today? Fry-day glomps!
It's Fry-day today, so I had fries for supper. Yes, I'm severely sleep deprived, so spelling Friday as Fry-day cracks me up. This is how my brain gets when I'm not getting enough sleep. It goes off to the odd side, and starts laughing at silly stuff, or stops being coherent. Any way, on with the actual happy part!
I was being a bit of a sad panda today, what with the not sleeping well and gloomy weather. So a friend of mine decided to glomp me.
She made me learn a new word! I had to go to duckduckgo to find out what 'glomp' means. The Urban Dictionary defines 'glomps' as: Not sexual, it is the action of one person lovingly (and dramatically) attacking another with a hug. A glomp is often predatory and lies somewhere in the grey area between a caring embrace, and a flying leap to tackle someone. The term is used extensively in anime culture, as well as online in text form (anime because many anime characters do this often, and online because it is short and descriptive).
I don't get how I'd never come across this word before, I watch a ton of anime. Although, maybe I don't watch the 'glomps' kind of anime. Who knows.
And who cares, because I had fries! Belgian fries are so good! And I learned a new word! Yaaaaay!


Okay, I obviously need to get more sleep. Stat.




Or coffee. Starbucks or koffie Onan sounds nice right about now.


EDIT: BF agrees, I'm sleep-deprived. Just because I sent him the 'what does the fox say' video.

No comments:

Post a Comment