Monday, November 18, 2013

Milestones

What made me happy today? Milestones.
We all have milestones in our lives. You see most of them coming, like your birthday, the birth of a child, marriage, buying a house or a car, a vacation etc. But occasionally a milestone will sneak up on you.
That's what happened to me today. Last week, I was doing a site visit. Little did I know that it was a special one. Not because I got to stay at a fancy bed & breakfast.
As it turns out, it was my last visit of that type for the foreseeable future (hey, an alliteration, you can blame this for that!) . One of my managers sent me a mail pointing out that it was the last visit I did for that study. If you remember, I'm changing teams at work. So I'll still be visiting sites, but the type of visit is different. I hadn't even realized it until it snuck up on me.
Funny how life sneaks up on you sometimes. It feels strange, but I'm happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment