Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Switzerland

What made me happy today? I had an awesome vacation in Switzerland!
We left on Saturday morning, around 6 AM. Blah indeed. The trip seemed to take forever. It was hot, and there was some traffic. But the BF and I had loads of fun in the car :-) And when we arrived in Vissoie, it was all worth it. The view from the cabin was just breathtaking!


I'm not going to bore you with a detailed story of what we did and where we went, I'm just going to give you the highlights.

-How to keep your drinks cool, Swiss style:

-Raclette, locally made!

-Hiking up a mountain (700m ascent), to that white building you can see at the top:

-I was so proud for doing it, even though I looked like hell:

-But it was all worth it, because they served an amazing blueberry pie!

-And we did a hike towards a glacier!

-No, you're not allowed to swim here.

-Really not! (this lake feeds a huge reservoir which is used for hydro-electricity. They open up valves as needed, so it's not smart to swim here. And you'd freeze as well, the glacier feeds this lake directly)

-Edelweiss!

-Real Swiss cheese fondue (so tasty, this one was with two kinds of mushrooms)

-The best chips in the world :-)

It was a lot of fun. I got a lot of reading done as well, had some fantastic quality time with my BF and his parents, saw some amazing sights, celebrated the Swiss national holiday with fireworks and got a bit of a tan! Too bad it all went by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment