Friday, August 23, 2013

Big announcement v2

What made me happy today? Having another big announcement!
In early March this year, I shared the fact that I'd be getting promoted with you. What I didn't mention at that time was that being promoted also meant that I'd be working in a different team. They didn't have a position for me in my old team, so I was moved to the other team, as they really needed someone. I like working in my team, don't get me wrong. But I always missed my old team.
A little over a month ago, I got an email saying that a vacancy had opened up in my old team. I jumped at the opportunity and submitted my application. I had my interview on Wednesday. I felt like it went well, but at the conclusion the manager conducting the interview said that there were several applicants. And some of them have more experience than me. So I didn't have much hope.
Today, I was called into my old manager's office. She told me that I got the position! They chose me because I have the experience with the team, and the work they do. And I'm super motivated and driven! This means that (probably) in October, I'll transfer back to my old team. It's not a promotion, my job will stay pretty much the same but the job content is slightly different.
So I'm extremely happy right now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment