Friday, July 26, 2013

200!

What made me happy today? Reaching 200!
Yes, this is my 200th blog post! Woohoow :-)
And I got something for free, just because I was polite. I'm going on vacation tomorrow. We'll be driving through France, which requires having alcohol testers in your car. So I went to pick up a pair. I walked through the entire store, but no sight of them. In the meantime, the employee behind the desk was dealing with a rather rude customer. I felt kind of bad for the employee, so I put on my nicest smile when I went up to the desk / register to ask about the alcohol testers. That's when I spotted them. In a basket at the register. So I took two, and gave them to that employee. I told him about how I had trouble finding them but only did when I wanted to ask about them which I found funny and made me giggle a bit. He looks at me with this relieved look (probably because I wasn't shouting at him like the previous customer) and says 'well, I'll give you the second one for free, because you're being so nice and polite.' My jaw dropped to the floor.
I always try to be polite. I was raised that way. My parents taught me to say 'please' and 'thank you' and all that. Being rewarded for being polite is nice, but it's not why I do it. Then again, getting something for free is kind of nice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment