Tuesday, August 27, 2013

All in a day's work

What made me happy today? All in a day's work.
I had a great day at the office! It all started this morning, when I went to check the fax machine. Two of my colleagues were in the hall, struggling with some huge cardboard boxes. Turns out they needed them to ship a very expensive piece of equipment to Spain, along with a table. I can understand shipping the equipment to Spain. But both they and I were a bit dumbfounded as to why we'd have to ship a table to Spain. Buying one locally would be a lot cheaper. Still, we had a good laugh :-)
Then, I got an email from one of my managers, saying that he'd given me a badge of recognition for my hard work on a project! It's nice to get some recognition for the work you've been doing. It's not a physical badge, it's one that is added on my employee profile, where everyone can see it. My line manager said that I really deserved it.
And to top it all off, today was the day they also officially announced this. I got a lot of congratulations from coworkers. But the best of all was my coworker on one of my projects. He called me and said that he was a bit shocked when he saw the announcement, and that he'd miss me working alongside him on this project.
Being recognized for your hard work is really nice, and all of this made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment