Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Exciting news

What made me happy today? A day filled with exciting news.
Usually I check the papers online during my coffee-break at work. Today, I was rather busy, so I didn't get the change. So I was rather surprised when I heard a radio host say: 'And we'll give you an update about the situation with the king in a few minutes.'. What situation with the king?
Well, king Albert is abdicating the throne. It's a first in Belgian history. Leopold the 3rd was forced to give up the throne, and all other kings died. Rather young I might add, which might be why there's nothing about abdication in the Belgian constitution. But I'm sure we'll solve it, in the way only Belgians can :-) (okay, that joke is only funny if you know a thing or two about Belgium but I just had to make it)
And then there is of course the whole situation in Egypt. Mursi has refused to step down, and it seems like the army is gearing up to stage a coup there. I'm curious to see where that'll lead them.

But of course, I found a solution for both things: we just send Albert to Egypt ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment