Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mythbusters

What made me happy today? Mythbusters!
Science combined with explosions, destruction, crashes, guns, high speeds, some controversy and just the sheer epic awesomeness of the show? What's not to like?
I mean, they do the stuff you've always wondered about. You could of course try it yourself, but you'd probably get seriously injured or killed. They are the experts and know what they're doing. Well, most of the time anyway. Sometimes it goes wrong. And then it's still funny to watch :-)
The Mythbusters also have a great dynamic between them. And you have the recurring themes: Jamie's moustache, Adam hurts himself, Tori tries a silly stunt which leads to a spectacular crash without him getting hurt that bad; Grant builds a robor ot remote controlled thing; Kari doesn't like bugs / dead pigs and vomits; the whole team has that 'I can't believe this is my job' or 'I have no idea what we're doing' moment; Buster has a rough day on the job.
Ah Buster. Where would Mythbusters be without Buster? Besides, it's fun to watch Buster being dropped from a crane on his belly, just to see how much damage it would do! In case you were wondering: a lot.
Or the catchphrases, like: I reject your reality and substitute my own; when in doubt : C4; failure is always an option. There's many more of course, but you should see (well, hear) yourself!
Blowing up stuff, crashing vehicles, shooting guns etc. has to be the coolest job ever. And all in the name of science! Plus, if they do it, you don't have to try it yourself.
On top of all that, you actually learn stuff on the show as well. Mythbusters has saved lives on more than one occasion. The boy who saved the man from the train, more than one person that got out safely out of their car after it landed in the water. All of that because of Mythbusters.
They always say that you should't try any of the things you see on the show at home. But I'll admit to doing one experiment myself. The Mentos and Diet Coke experiment. I only did it because the Mythbusters said it was okay. And it's a pretty harmless experiment.
There are so many great moments in the show that listing my favorites would take me a really long time. So if you've never seen an episode of Mythbusters, be sure to check it out. It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment