Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DIY

What made me happy today? Fixing a cupboard door my father deemed unfixable.
A while ago, my parents brought some extra furniture over for my appartment. One of those things was a cupboard with a special shelve for my tv and PS2. It's pretty old, but still in a great condition. But, according to my father, the right door was a bit damaged. It would open and close just fine, if you do it slowly. Sadly, again according to my father there was nothing that could be done about it.
Well, I can be a bit clumsy at times. Lo and behold, when opening the cupboard yesterday I accidentaly pulled the door out of the grooves. (weird system, but it's an old cupboard) Of course, it would not get back in the grooves, because the door was too big to fit.
It only took me two minutes to figure out what I needed to do. So while taking a quick study break today, I broke out my Gorilla Grip with an assortment of hex-keys. By applying the 'righty tighty, lefty loosey pronciple I lowered both metal rounds that keep the door in the grooves, popped it back in, put both metal rounds back in place and viola: one fixed cupboard door.
Sorry to say dad, but you were wrong. I fixed the original problem too! Turned out that one of the metal rounds at the top of the door had dropped a bit into the door, causing the problem my dad deemed unfixable.
I can do DIY! Yay :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment