Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How may I help you?

What made me happy today? Customer service that actually helps you!
Like everyone I've had some experience with customer service departments. Some contacts are okay, others downright horrible or frustrating. There's times when you get transferred to a different department 15 times and still they can't help you. But the one that takes the cake was the mentality of my ISP's customer service: if it's broke you better fix it yourself 'cause we're not going to help.
But today was so different. I had to call my insurance company, to get a claim corrected. Kind of scary, because my last horrible experience was not fully digested yet... Turns out they gave me the wrong number. I started getting scared. But I had a friendly guy on the line, and he gave me the correct number first time around. Hmmm, maybe I got lucky I thought. Nope. The lady I spoke to next was extremely polite, and immediately helped me with what I needed. No muss, no fuss, no argument, no frustration, no discussion, no endless transfers and 'on-hold' music. Nope, none of that today.
Maybe I just got lucky. Maybe I just got the right people on the line. Maybe they were all having a really great day, who knows? Or maybe, for once in my life I had good luck :-)
It doesn't really matter if I had good luck or not. What matters is that this experience made me happy all day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment