Monday, February 11, 2013

Bring it, world!

What made me happy today? Feeling so ready to take on the world!
Let's be honest here for a second: nobody likes Monday. I mean, you just had two days off from work; you got to sleep in and stay up late. And if your weekend was anything like mine, it was an awesome one :-)
And then, at 5.30 in the morning the alarm goes off. It's pretty cold outside, with a chilly wind and snow. So I bundled up and walked to the station to get on the bus. Which, of course, was late (snow in Belgium). When I got to work and opened my emails, I found out that somewhere something went pretty wrong and I had to fix it. Which basically meant 4 - 5 hours of re-work. I could have gotten angry or sad about it; I could have complained or I could have let my head hang. Instead I decided to put on my big girl panties and boots :-) and I got a cup of coffee. After which I started working on the problem. And turns out it wasn't that much of a mess at all! Success!
That basically made me feel ready to take on the world. Well, at least ready to give Peter and Dilbert a swift kick in the behind. Which I totally did! Amazing for a Monday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment