Saturday, September 14, 2013

Super happy fun time!

What made me happy today? Super happy fun time!
I spent a big part of the afternoon and evening with my goddaughter and boyfriend. We had loads of fun!
My goddaughter apparently loves the carnival. Like I mentioned before, it's currently in town. Usually my sister and brother-in-law would come over for it. But as my sister's second daughter Roha is only ten days old, they wouldn't be able to come over. So I went to pick up Fayola.
She was very excited! It's quite a drive, 1 hour each way and she just loved to sit in the car while looking around. Seems like she loves the Dillinger Escape Plan too :-) So when we got back here, we unloaded the stroller. With some difficulty my boyfriend and I managed to deploy the rain cover. And then we were off. She just loved it! The noises, the lights, the attractions. I took her for a ride on a carousel and her whole face lit up. She's only 1.5 years old, so we didn't do much more than that.
We also stopped by the Metalzone. At first, Fayola was a bit shy. But soon enough, she helped me choose a new cd: Amon Amarth's Surtur Rising. What can I say, she has good taste :-) It seems like she really liked some of the music Wim (the shop-owner) was playing. She was dancing, jumping and head-banging like the cutest little metal-head I've ever seen! When we were leaving she didn't want to say 'bye' to Wim. But she did blow him a kiss!
Back home, we had a bite to eat, and then we went back to my sister's. My goddaughter was getting a bit tired by that time, the last 15 or so minutes she kept asking for her mommy. Once she got home, she dashed inside to see her little sister. Fayola is so sweet with Roha!
Even though I drove a lot (a little over 4 hours), it was so worth it! I got to spend a lot of quality time with two of my most cherished people :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment