Sunday, September 29, 2013

Birthday shenanigans!

What made me happy today? Birthday shenanigans!
As you may remember, it was my birthday on Wednesday. And I have to say, I celebrated it thoroughly this year :-)
On Wednesday, my parents came over. I had asked them to give me socks as a birthday present, just so I could say: 'Master has given Dobby a sock. Master has presented Dobby with clothes. Dobby is free!' That made my mom look very confused. my dad, on the other hand, had this resigned look on his face, as if to say 'oh no, she's at it again'. After this we went for Mexican food. Yummie!
On Friday, I met up with my boyfriends. Together we went to his parents. They gave me a very lovely card. My boyfriend had gotten me 'Vader's little princess', a comic about Darth Vader raising princess Leia. We had seen that one in the window of a bookstore. I squee'd so much over it, which he took as a hint :-) Best birthday present! We had raclette, with actual Swiss cheese, bought during our vacation there. Then we had ice-cream! Nom!
Yesterday, my boyfriend and I met up with some other friends for sushi. It was delicious! After the sushi, we went for some drinks. We had some great conversations, and discussed some very varied topics, ranging from your average geekery to nuclear science and privacy laws. This is why I like my friends. But the bar we were at was very full and noisy, so around midnight I started thinking about going home. But just as I was about to get up, another friend came in. He had said he couldn't make it to my little party, as he was abroad for a conference. But after he landed, he decided to stop by and have a quick drink :-) Around 01.45 o'clock we all decided to go home.
I think that I have never celebrated my birthday as much as this year. And I have some great friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment